Who Is It For?
Top 20 Training is for students of all ages and grade levels. The concepts help any student looking for better relationships and experiences in the classroom, with friends and at home. The concepts can help with such challenges as:
- Finding relevancy in classes that don’t seem appealing
- Dealing with conflict with a teacher or a classmate
- Procrastination and boredom
- Staying focused
- Building trust
- Dealing with negativity
Top 20 Training offers a simple language that helps people discover critical thinking, learning and communicating skills. Whether it is through Top 20 books or training sessions, learning the concepts together provides parents and students greater benefits at a faster rate. When everyone in the family knows this language, the skills become easier to practice and implement into daily life. (SECRET: Parents sometimes benefit more from Top 20 Training than students and observe many positive changes in their own personal and professional lives.)
Top 20 Training helps parents:
- Find ways to enhance and become a part of their child’s education
- Obtain a shared working vocabulary of the content to help foster an environment where the concepts can be learned together
- Communicate more effectively and improve their relationship with their children
- Develop positive mental habits and reduce negative mental habits in their children.
- Grow personally and be exposed to emotional intelligence.
Drawing on more than 50 years of experience coaching, Paul Bernabei and Tom Cody and Willow Sweeney share with coaches effective ways to connect with young athletes and develop their potential as individuals and as a team. Top 20 concepts provide coaches with tools to help young athletes be more successful as well as develop sportsmanship, leadership and on and off the field decision-making skills.
Sample Lesson: The level of success for an individual or team is determined by the following formula: Success = P1 x P2 x P3
P1 = Personal Power: Inside power that includes awareness of self, especially thinking and emotions
P2 = Physical Power: Athletic skill or talent
P3 = People Power: Outside power that includes what is communicated and goes out to others that forms positive or negative relationships
Top 20 Training enables athletes and coaches to create a more successful experience by providing them with tools for developing Personal (P1) and People (P3) Power.
For the past three years, Top 20 Training has partnered with the Minnesota State High School League to provide every high school in Minnesota with training or materials to help students, athletic directors, coaches, officials, parents and fans have a more positive experience from athletics and other co-curricular activities. To read more about this relationship, click here to go to success stories.
Top 20 concepts are helpful to people of all ages and professions. Top 20 training has been conducted for social workers, carpenters, chefs, car dealers, secretaries, accountants, business managers and a host of other professionals. Benefits for businesses and organizations include:
- Reducing negativity from the workplace and creating a more positive culture
- Building trust
- Drawing out the talents of each team member
- Enhancing communication and problem solving skills
Top 20 Training sessions have been conducted for numerous businesses and organizations. Some of those include:
- Behavioral Institute for Children and Adolescence
- Bethel University
- Cambridge College
- Center for Diagnostic Imaging
- Herb Brooks Foundation
- Johnson Memorial Health Services
- Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Minnesota State High School League
- National Citizens Review Panel
- Northwestern Health Sciences University
- Ramsey County
- Thompson West
- University of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas
- Wells Fargo
Top 20’s primary goal is to revolutionize education in America by helping students become more engaged in school and providing teachers with a new way of seeing themselves as relevant educators in the 21st century.
In addition, because it uses common language, easily understood concepts and practical tools for dealing with everyday situations and problems, Top 20 can have a profoundly positive effect on any organization, from business to government to healthcare, enhancing relationships and experiences for all.
Connect With Us
Stay in touch with Top 20 by signing up for our monthly newsletter.