The Top 20 Schools Program Details
How to Become a Top 20 School?
At Top 20 Training, we have a dream. We believe that American schools can be places where the human development of ALL STUDENTS, STAFF, and PARENTS takes place. This dream has inspired us to create a program called Becoming a Top 20 School.
A Top 20 school is intentionally implementing Top 20 principles and practices in order to fulfill the overall mission: to create a safe and healthy culture for all members of the school community and develop their potential to think, learn and communicate more effectively. This results in a positive difference in the lives, relationships and experiences of all involved. Members of the school enjoy and celebrate growth towards this mission’s fulfillment and work consistently to correct thoughts, beliefs and practices that are roadblocks to its achievement.
This program addresses three major challenges in American schools:
- How can we become more effective parents and educators in the 21st century?
- How can we create an effective and healthy school culture?
- How can we keep students engaged in learning?
How will the Top 20 Team support the program?
Throughout this 3-year program, All Top 20 Schools receive the following:
- Support to the school’s leadership team, including yearly assessments for determining the effectiveness of the program and the development of a yearly plan for implementation.
- Materials for supporting parents in knowing what students are learning and how to implement Top 20 Strategies at home
- Professional training of all school personnel
- Ongoing consultation with a Top 20 senior Facilitator
- Access to all Top 20 books, curriculum and resources
- Student retreats for grades 5-12: Becoming the Best Version of Ourselves
- Parent Journals covering all twenty Top 20 concepts and strategies to help parents implement at home
- Access to Top 20’s online portal that connects Top 20 Schools educators from throughout the country to learn from each other’s experiences and share best practices.
What are the Program Benefits?
Awareness of self and others
A more positive school culture
Responsibility and other Star Qualities
Student engagement in learning
Effective conflict resolution
Learning from mistakes and failure
Roadblocks to learning
Boredom, procrastination, self-doubt
Fear of other peoples’ opinions
Negativity: Thought circles and social tornadoes
Dishonoring the absent
Avoiding responding to problems
Students feeling disconnected
Top 20’s primary goal is to revolutionize education in America by helping students become more engaged in school and providing teachers with a new way of seeing themselves as relevant educators in the 21st century.
In addition, because it uses common language, easily understood concepts and practical tools for dealing with everyday situations and problems, Top 20 can have a profoundly positive effect on any organization, from business to government to healthcare, enhancing relationships and experiences for all.
Connect With Us
Stay in touch with Top 20 by signing up for our monthly newsletter.