Potential: A power within each child that waits and waits to get activated so it can make a wonderful difference in his or her life.
The principles and strategies presented in Top 20 Parents have activated the potential of people of all ages. In this book they are presented for parents of children (eight years old and younger). These easily understood and immediately applicable tools will activate our children’s potential to become happy, responsible and emotionally healthy.
Ten reasons for reading Top 20 Parents:
- To get what’s important in our lives and respond more effectively when we’re not getting it.
- To become aware of our thinking and how it governs our experience.
- To better understand child behavior and the developmental stages of our children.
- To develop Star Qualities (curiosity, responsibility, self-motivation, confidence) in our children.
- To build trust and respect in our families.
- To send our children empowering messages.
- To encourage our children to move outside their Comfort Zones and learn from mistakes.
- To listen and communicate more effectively.
- To resolve conflict and make things better after we’ve made something worse.
- To reduce negativity in our families.
“How should I respond so it does not have a negative effect on my child? Top 20 Parents provides helpful answers to many parenting questions. It has brought about a level of consciousness to the way I respond to day-to-day situations that in the past were left to chance. My reaction to spilt milk used to include anger and frustration. Now my response to my kids’ mistakes has a positive impact on their developing self-esteem.”
– Jody, Mother
“I am a better father because of the tools in Top 20 Parents and my children will be great parents to my grandchildren because of the lessons I have learned. This book is the most valuable parenting book that I have ever bought.”
– Justin, Father
“Top 20 Parents awakened the wisdom within us as parents. We felt a burden of things we “should do” lift off our shoulders. Thanks to Top 20 Parents, we have the tools to parent how we have always wanted to. Our kids are having fun with it and we are raising resilient, realistic, emotionally stable children.”
– Amy & Steven, Parents
Table of Contents
selected chapters available online
1. Top 20 and Bottom 80 Parenting
2. Above and Below the Line
3. The Frame
4. The Big Picture
5. Emotional Intelligence
6. Star Qualities
10. Responding to Hits
11. Building the Trust Fund
12. The Influence of Messages
13. Mistake Making
14. Reducing Negativity
16. Conflict Resolution
17. Getting Back on Track